The Lago d'Idro is on the one hand a mountain bike El Dorado. On the other hand, the area around the beautiful lake also has many other experiences to offer, which we do not want to withhold from you. Cooling down in the lake included!
From the Valvestino Valley, over the Piccole Dolomiti and along the Austrian-Italian border we will be on the road by mountain bike, discovering trails and landscapes full of contrasts.
This is followed by a cool down in the lake or a round of SUP or you turn a round by canoe or boat. If that's not action enough for you, cliff jumping and canyoning are also widely available at Lake Idro.
A dinner typical of the region will round off the day.
Dates in work
Spring, Autumn, Summer, Winter
On S2 trails, expect larger roots, rocks, steps, shallow stairs and tight turns. The steepness is up to 70% in places. Advanced riding techniques such as overcoming obstacles by weight shifting are required.
Services & Prices
Overnight accommodations, guiding, shuttle rides, boat shuttle at the end of some tours and a water sports day (SUP tour, canoe tour, rental equipment, cliff jumping) are included in the trip.
7x accommodation in Tiny-Houses directly at the lake incl. breakfast
1x dinner in typical osteria on the mountain, the "Berglermenü".
1x evening at the lake with pizza and grilled food
6 days guiding and supervision by very extensively trained local guides with best knowledge of the region
4-5 shuttle rides for additional altitude
Boat shuttle at the end of some tours
Water sports day (SUP tour, canoe tour, rental equipment, cliff jumping)
Additional services (Exclusive)
Lunch/mountain picnics (approx. 7-15 € per day)
Canyoning tour with certified canyoning guide
Travel price 1490 €
Ever heard of glamping? At Lake Idro, tiny houses await you as accommodation on the spacious glamping area directly on the shore of the lake. The small houses offer much more space than a normal hotel room (terrace, living room, kitchenette, bathroom, toilet, 1-3 bedrooms) and are completely new and finely designed.
Alternatively, you can book it without overnight stay and spend the night with the van / camper / tent on the campsite (in this case, please book your place directly at the campsite). Your price will be reduced by € 420 if you book without overnight stay. Just specify "without overnight stay / breakfast)" in the comment field when booking.
We enjoy breakfast together in the restaurant at the glamping site. In the evening we will have a barbecue or sit together with pizza. One evening we spend in a typical osteria on the mountain.
For biking at Lake Idro, an all-mountain bike with up to 140 mm travel or a light enduro bike (max. 160 mm) is suitable. Spare parts for your bike do not forget!
You will receive a detailed packing list after booking.
Allmountain or enduro (max. 140-160 mm)
Helmet, sunglasses, gloves
e.g. tires, spare tubes, derailleur hanger, brake pads
Lake Idro is a beautiful alpine lake that captivates with a breathtaking panorama. For mountain bikers a real dream spot.
At Lake Idro, trails and mountain bike tours never run out. Below we present you some suggestions. The actual tours and trails will then be adapted to the group and the weather on site.
- Five-village tour: To the trails of Capovalle - Moerna - Persone - Armo - Bollone. Start in Capovalle (shuttle) - 4 short climbs (each 200 - 300 hm) and 4 even as long trails (all super flowy on forest floor). Then a trail over 600 Tm back to the lake and by boat to the camp. A total of 1,100 hm climb and 1,700 hm trail.
- Monte Manos Start in Capovalle (shuttle) - 600 hm climb to Monte Manos - numerous single trail options to the mountain village of Treviso and from there on an old military trail back to the lake.
- From Passo Maniva to Pertica Alta Start at Passo Maniva (shuttle) - to Capanna Tito Secchi - from here horizontal trail over 10 km at about 1,600 m to Passo Croce (scenically very exciting) - over natural single trails to Pertica Alta and Pertica Bassa and from there back to the lake. In total about 800 hm climb and 2,100 hm trail. Super tour par excellence.
- From Passo della Berga to Presegno Start at Passo Maniva or Passo Baremone (shuttle) - to Passo della Berga and continue over fascinating old war paths to Valle della Spina - visit the two beautiful mountain villages of Presegno and Bisenzio again up (10 min carrying distance) to descend on flowing old cart paths to Lavenone. In total about 700 hm ascent and 2,000 hm descent.
- Giro Bruffione Start in Gaver (shuttle) - 700 hm to Passo Bruffione - then about 10km always over 2,000 m on single trails along the border ridge - descent to historic Bagolino (different levels of difficulty possible) - from Bagolino flowing trails back to the lake.
- To Monte Tombea Start in Capovalle (shuttle) - Via Magasa to Cima Tombea (1,300 hm) - on trails further to Cima Caplone and over old war routes with numerous tunnels further to Bocca di Lorina -the Tremalzo is already in sight, before we meet Lake Garda bikers we branch off but in the lonely Valle Lorina. From here to Storo and by boat to the camp.
The journey to Lago d'Idro is on your own, the easiest way is with your own car. Lake Idro is easy to reach via the Brenner freeway (A22) through Bolzano, Rovereto, Torbole and Lago di Ledro. Our accommodation is located on the western shore of the lake.
The best way to travel from Switzerland is via Bergamo and Brescia.
If you would like to arrive by train, a pick-up from the nearest train station (Rovereto) is possible for an additional charge and by arrangement.
With an experienced guide, who knows the region like the back of his hand, it goes around Lake Idro on beautiful tours. In addition to biking, the "Side" program is not neglected.
Arrival at Lake Idro, getting to know each other and briefing at the aperitivo. Dinner together.
Selected tours that let us fan out in all directions. The program will be adapted by our guides to the wishes (and possibilities) of the group and the current conditions - for the king tours we will choose the best days of the week in terms of weather and also ensure a good variety.
Rest day would be the wrong word - we enjoy contrasts and the possibilities of the lake. Rental equipment (including SUPs, canoes, boats) are available. Optionally, a certified canyoning guide can be booked if you want to dive into the cold wet of the gorges around the lake. Still a little bike tour? Also possible. But above all: enjoy the vacation feeling.
Once again great day trips and certainly one of the king stages of the region
Breakfast and individual departure when it suits you.
Tips & Info
Lake Idro is a paradise for water sports enthusiasts, hikers and cyclists. Here you can swim, dive, windsurf, sail and fish. There are also many hiking and biking trails that lead through the picturesque landscape.
We recommend for this trip a Travel insurance with cancellation protectionso that you are on the safe side if something should happen before or during the trip.